Thursday 23 September 2010

Islay and Finlaggan House....Here We Come.....














That's it. The car is packed, all the final arrangements have been made, ferries booked, fishing boats sorted, and we're off to the wonderful Hebridean Isle of Islay once more.

This trip is more than anything, an angling outing and I will be joined by a couple of familiar faces and some lucky folks for whom the trip is the first to this magical Island. The weather looks set to be good, and if it is anything like what Glen, Peter and I had this time last year, we're all in for a treat.

















I've ordered a cask of each of Saligo Ale and Black Rock Ale from the Islay Brewery, that should see us through the weekend until Monday, and Peter (aka Pollock) has kindly agreed to be chef for the week. I'm looking forward to his superb cooking as much as I am to the fishing.

On Saturday, we have boats booked on Loch Ballygrant and on Sunday, on Loch Gorm. We'll also be fishing Loch Finlaggan and may even have the chance to get on to the River Laggan as I'm told by my David Morris that there is some water in it and the salmon are running.

I'll be posting pics from my mobile of all of the action and a full report upon our return.....

Slainte

David, Peter, Ian, Barnaby, Jason and Mark

1 comment:

Comments: