Sunday 20 June 2010

A Narrowly Avoided Blank In Tough Conditions at Dovedale



















I managed to get out and up to Dovedale for a couple of hours last night. I've never seen the Dove so low and clear and I was amazed at how few rises there were and how few fish I saw...I guess in the low conditions, most fish are seeking deep pools for cover and safety and most are resting after gorging on mayfly.

It's always a privilege to be at Dovedale, whether the fishing is tough or not and I did manage to avoid a blank by, landing this lovely wild brownie of about 1 1/2 lbs. Blimey..it gave me a right scrap too...

Let's hope the fishing improves over the next week or so..a few good downpours are desperately needed to liven things up on our rivers.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: